Friday 22 November 2013

here comes the feeling you thought you'd forgotten


vampire weekend hydro 1vampire weekend hydro 2 vampire weekend hydro 3

 the sse hydro
outfit of the night | handmade burger co. | we're getting old bro 
vampire weekend

My little brother turned sixteen last week and to celebrate I bought us tickets to see Vampire Weekend at the new Hydro venue in Glasgow. The building looks like a spaceship, it's transparent so you can see lights on the underside of the stairs inside, as well as the changing exterior lights - we stood and stared at it for a good five minutes, its awesome!  We'd stopped to devour our current favourite for dinner, Handmade Burger Company, beforehand, and although we though we were running late, we arrived super early. Typical. Our seats were disappointing - I've promised myself that I'll never sit at a gig again - but we had such a good night, Noah and the Whale were an amazing support as people poured in the door and Vampire Weekend themselves were so fantastic. Whoever designed their stage set is a genius, I'd quite like some of that floral print to wallpaper my whole house with, please and thank you. 

xx


0 comments:

Post a Comment