Tuesday 5 November 2013

tenderly they turned to dust all that I adore

29th October 2013
Bastille
supported by Dan Croll & Swiss Lips
O2 Academy, Glasgow


bastille o2 academy glasgow 1 bastille o2 academy glasgow duo
Bastille are the band whose music I play ALL. THE. TIME. In the car, getting ready in the morning, when doing college work, in the shower...you name it. This could quite easily become the most one sided post you ever did see.

It was actually my Mum that managed to snag four tickets for the gig at Glasgow's O2 Academy on October 29th, only a couple of weeks beforehand. Plenty of time for learning lyrics and turning myself into the fangirl I fear that I have become. Oops...

They did not disappoint at all, with a generous dose of tracks from their album and a couple from their stunning mix tapes. I can hardly wait to hear the recorded versions of new songs The Draw, Campus and Blame after hearing them last week. Their newest single Of The Night and Pompeii rounded things off, with the entire room pogo-ing like their lives depended on it.

I didn't take many photos or video clips, I far prefer to focus on what I can actually see in front of me! During Dan's venture into the crowd whilst performing Flaws, the crowd went a bit mental and I became the witness of a girl trying to lick his face. Well done, Glasgow.

I'm not 100% sure how I would sum up how incredible I thought they were, however the highlight of the night for me was hearing Daniel in the Den live - for some reason I wasn't expecting them to play it and I am so, so glad that they did.



My brother really liked Mancunian five-piece Swiss Lips' set, but it was the second support, Dan Croll that caught my attention. I hadn't heard any of his tracks before but In/Out, Home and From Nowhere have all been regularly played on Spotify since. I'm excited to hear his debut album at the start of next year.



I'm not sure when Bastille are next playing Glasgow but when they do, 
you can bet your butt I'll be there.

xx


0 comments:

Post a Comment